Why "Yee"? Well, this post will cover a lot of stuff >:) and I couldn't come up with a nice name.
(tl;dr at the end)
- Christmas is in 2 weeks, and there's a lot of stuff for me to do. Manual, Puzzle 11, Christmas Packs, and Christmas decoration. And relatively not many changes were done these 2 weeks (e. g. I could work a lot but the progress would be low). The reason is mostly lack of time and carrying a lot about school (tests in Decembrer is not the gift I wanted). If you want to share any Christmas ideas, go on, and (Santa) I will probably add these. Any other ideas won't be in v3.2, but in fact, in next ones. This leads us to next question.
- Release dates. v3.2 would come out on December 24th but I realised I had plans for this area of time (a week before New Year). So now I think it will come out a bit earlier, now I'm aiming for December 21st. For the next updates I won't give a certain date, only after I'm sure most of update is done. Because now I feel be a bit stressed that v3.2 wouldn't be ready in 11 days. But, keep in mind, v3.0 was big comparing to v2.9, and most of work was done in the last two weeks before the release date. Don't bother me with messages like "3.2 when" xD.
- Also, here's a fun fact. When I worked on v3.1 I noticed my updates came out on some special days: v2.9 - Pico Day/Easter. v3.0 - My friend's birthday. v3.1 (now) - Halloween. v3.2 (future) - Christmas. v3.3 - ???
- Your requests. So, as you remember, @ReallyR4ndom (aka J-Eyring) responded with some requests for the game. In the close future, I will casually seat and record a video of the progress how all your requests will work. Will be on YouTube :)
- Stats info. As I also said, there won't be save/load system in v3.2. So you will have your achievements & stats erased :( But I thought of taking requests from users like posting their stats' screenshot and responding them in DMs with a "cheat-code" they'll enter in the secret menu. So, the data will restore (maybe)! These codes could help me create "quests" (like you enter a code, and do what the task says in some time), but restoring data using them isn't so good in my opinion. Like, creating a "load stats" function will lead to "save" one? So for now, you wait for the save/load system to come in v3.3
- v2.6 on NewGrounds... will be probably unpublished. It's just something I uploaded because I wanted to, not being aware it looked... um... undone. It will stay on Scratch tho. Click here for more info.
- Minor updates. Those surely will be for some versions of SafeCrack! After 3.2, earlier versions will get new Manuals, and v3.1 will get rid of cutscenes "It will work one day...". These minor updates will come out... idk how often.
- Remote control button. This button will be removed in v3.2, in v3.1 it would be bunch of buttons that restart the game, transwer to levels, etc. But those buttons already exist, and I wanted them to stay, instead of deleting them and adding new ones. So in v3.2, settings page will be visaully split: upper buttons are the new Remote control, lower are options. I also thought off adding "Keys button" that shows which keys to press. Maybe simply adding them to Manual and then placing "Info" buttons that will open the appropriate page of the Manual. Yeah... the second sounds better to me.
- Discord server. Please join :) More members = more cool things in server.
- Massive devlog on itch.io. Will do it after v3.2. It'll cover v3.1 and v3.2.
- tl;dr. I work on the update not often (reason: exams). Will release v3.1 probably on December 21st. No save/load in 3.2. No certain release date for v3.3. Will be minor updates for some versions. v2.6 will probably be unpublished. Will be videos on YouTube about your requests. Large devlog coming soon™. Join my Discord :)
OOF, that was probably my longest post about the game news. I am tired of typing, time to stare at the ceiling for hours xD